Once I am collecting all the blueprint reading material for CCIEW-v2.0 I thought to list down the number of pages I have to read on coming days. This is purely for my interest & quantify(if possible) the effort I am putting on this in some way.
Also this exercise help me to remember the location of these documents within cisco documentation(Cisco Doc) page (http://www.cisco.com/cisco/web/psa/configure.html) which is available for reference during the lab exam.
Cisco is changing these documents URL frequently (as far as my own experience) & hopefully these will remain unchanged until my exam finish.(It is extremely difficult to find these in Cisco Doc, unless you are so familiar with hierarchy of the document structure in Cisco Doc page)
Here are the top 6 config guides in my reading list.
1. Cisco Wireless LAN Controller Config Guide (184.108.40.206) <> 1106 Pages
(In Cisco Doc – Products->Wireless->Wireless LAN Controller->Standalone Controllers->Cisco 5500 Series Wireless Controllers->Configure->Config Guides)
2. Cisco WCS Configuration Guide, Release 220.127.116.11 <> 1538 Pages
(In Cisco Doc – Products->Wireless->Wireless LAN Management->Unified Wireless LAN Management->Cisco Wireless Control System->Configuration Guides)
3. User Guide for Cisco Secure ACS 5.2 <> 622 Pages
(In Cisco Doc – Products->Security->Access Control and Policy->Policy and Access Management->Cisco Secure Access Control System->Install & Upgrade)
4. Cisco IOS Software Configuration Guide for Cisco Aironet Access Points (Cisco IOS Releases 15.2(2)JA, 12.4(25d)JA, and 12.3(8)JEE) <> 518 Pages
(In Cisco Doc – Products->Wireless->Access Points ->Cisco Aironet 1260 Series -> Configure ->Configuration Guides )
5. Cisco Context-Aware Service Config Guide (18.104.22.168) <> 214 pages
( In Cisco Doc – Products->Wireless->Mobility->Cisco Mobility Services Engine->Configuration Guides)
6. Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G Deployment Guide <> 129 Pages (In Cisco Doc – Products-> VOICE AND UNIFIED COMMUNICATIONS -> IP Telephony -> Unified Communications Endpoints -> CISCO UNIFIED IP PHONE 7900 SERIES -> Design Guides -> Cisco Unified Wireless IP Phone 7925G, 7925G-EX, and 7926G Deployment Guide)
There are more than 4k pages documents in the above. Considering TechNotes & Config Examples, workbooks material I am guessing I have to read more than 10k pages of documents. Sometimes I have to read these more than once (at least twice, if not thrice)
Fun time is coming….. Only 214 days left….