It was my first WiFi Design Day and I had really great time with other WiFi colleagues here in AU/NZ. That was 2nd WiFi Design Day in Sydeny (first one in 2018) organized by Ekahau & DickerData . There was well participation from WiFi community for the event.
We had over 10 CWNEs there on the day. Not all in this picture though.
There were sessions from 8:30 AM to 2:30PM and had 2 hours for networking after the event. All of them had great presentations and I enjoyed listening to them and learn from them
- Understanding Wireless Security and WPA3 by Mark Krischer (Cisco)
- Designing for the “Unknown”: Event Wi-Fi by Aaron Scott(Aruba)
- Design, deploy, test, survey, monitor, troubleshoot wireless life-cycle by Dom Fitzgibbon (PlexNet)
- Tips, Techniques, and Tools for Troubleshooting Wireless LANs by Keith Parsons (WLAN Pros)
- Designing Wi-Fi in a Multi-Floor building with Atriums by Devaiah Nellamakada
Warehouse Wireless Design by Haydn Andrews (NTT)
- Design Considerations for Wi-Fi 6 by Francois Verges (SemFio Networks)& Stephen Cooper(Mist)
Here are the speakers group photo taken after the sessions were over.
Here is another photo of them with Ekahau team (Grant, Antony & Amin) , Even though Darko Raic is not in this photo, credit should go to him for making this event successful as it was.
I had great time to catch up with WiFi Friends and renew the friendship. Also made some new friends too.
Finished my day after having dinner with Francois & Troy at Manley.
That was a great day. I think we should give credit to Keith, who is doing a great amount of work to keep WiFi community together and allow us to share our knowledge and keep the friendships without borders. Keep up the good work Kieth.
Looking forward to next WiFi event, most likely it would be WLPC Phoenix in Feb 2020.
mario ehalt junior said:
Very good, I’m studying a lot for your site, thank you very much, I am targeting CCIE wireless and it has helped me a lot. And looking at this meeting and event, inspires me
Thank you. I am sure we will meet one day. Where are you living ?
Mario Ehalt Junior said:
I Live in Brazil, Curitiba city and work in Telefonica.
Pingback: Ekahau Wi-Fi Design Day – Asia Pacific - Ekahau